disk coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by billy31422, Dec 1, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

i got a new disk coral today. it is a little bit more than an inch in diameter and its green and brown. does anyone know anything about how to take care of these things and will it change color at all. i have seen pictures of them with purple on them. thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

well, if you are refering to a a short tentacle plate coral, i can help you out!, i have a small purple guy i got for free because only 1/4 of it was still alive. Well i have pc lighting and i keep him on the sand and hes regrowing over the skeleton. with ur mh, i might put him on the sand is maybe a slighly shady area. also dont be worried, it took my guy a while to make his tentacles fully extended...but that might just be because he was injured. these guys are very cool, especially when they eat...good luck!

4. billy31422

i have been told that the disk is somehow different from the plate. i dont know what the difference is. did the color of yours get better as it got healthier or was the color always good. this one doesnt seem to have much color. but i still think its cool

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

can u post a pic, i have heard of the difference of disk corals but without a picture i cant tell XD

6. billy31422

here is a pic bruce. it is a little more green than it looks to be in the pic

Attached Files:

• disk.JPG
      disk.JPG
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

yes that like what i had, that is a short tentacle plate coral :) i have one just like that buy purple, they are really cool little guys

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

really disk and plate corals are the same i think...depends on the species i think