Disease or not?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by RedGambit, Aug 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Recently I purchased a Naso Tang and Blueface Angelfish via online. Anyways when they got here I noticed that the Naso tang had 3 white spots on his fin... Anyways the QT tank unfortunately had to go into use and is no longer available because of the Ick outbreak on my other tang.

This isnt ick on the fish... at least from what I am aware... Ive been watching it and treating him with Melafix in the meantime... He is a very active little tang about 2-2.5inches. Havent seen him eat from the algae clip or the mysis shrimp that i feed the rest of the tank. But he does like to graze across all the rock in the aquarium. Any who, I just cant seem to figure out what is on this tang! Here is a picture and maybe you guys and gals can give me a hand?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

tangs are notorious for gettin ich from stress. and since hes new , and def stressed from all the changes for him , thats whats prob going on. as long as hes swimming and eating normally, he should be able to fight it off in a short time. give him a bit of time , and try some garlic soak on the nori or mysis.

4. Fujin

Fujin Feather Duster

As long as he's still eating he will be fine. :)

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I dont honestly think it is Ick, The spots are larger then my other tang when he had them. and hes had the same 3 spots (2 on one pectoral fin and 1 on the tail fin.) I've had him for about 3 days now and he hasnt had any of it spread. Unlike my other tang took about maybe 8 hours :s.

6. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

There is a White tuft fungus I believe. Like a cotton substance. Purchase some Marine-Max, you will not regret it and your fish will thrive disease free.