Disease killing my fish

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Summersfall, Jan 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Summersfall

Summersfall Plankton

Ok, I just lost both my clownfish in my 30 gallon tank this morning because of itch, my clownfish had white patches all over him in a matter of hours and was dead when I found him.

Now my 60 gallon tank which has had NO connection with my 30 gallon which is down stairs looks like it is having an outbreak of itch! All my clownfish have small white spots that have just appeared randomly. My one clownfish is swimming awkwardly near the surface and looks "wobbly" in a way. The other clownfish are acting normal ~for now~ I added Rid Ich+ to the tank a few minutes ago in hopes that I caught it early enough, and turned up the temp to 80 degrees to kill the parasites with the heat, but what is all these disease outbreaks? My clowns were expensive and I would hate for them to die as well:( Any advice would be helpful​

2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

do a fresh water dip. The most important thing to keep in mind when performing freshwater dips is to ensure that the water temperature and pH are as close as possible to the water the fish is coming from, changes in both temperature and pH can be stressful, a sudden change in pH is far deadlier than change in temperature of a few degrees.

Set up a small container for the dip and insert the fish. You need to pay careful attention to the condition of the fish during this period watch its breathing. most marine fish will easily handle a freshwater dip of five minutes.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011