Diminishing, Help

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by iSKIM, Feb 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iSKIM

iSKIM Astrea Snail

Everything is diminishing! algae growth (I believe it to be Bubble Algae) Yes, I read what to do... Also here are my parameters I have been doing water changes for 2 days now.. Just lost my amazing anemone and all I have left is my lunar wrasse and a royal dottyback took alot of my live rock out also.. The algae was covered on them.

2/25/09

Ammonia: .2
    Ph: 7.6
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrates: 40-80
    Phosphates: .5

Tips to get back on track, FAST?

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

that sux man! how long has the tank been set up?? Run carbon, and lot's of it!! any picture's?

4. iSKIM

iSKIM Astrea Snail

tank has been setup for almost a year that is the weird thing.. I'm also running carbon like you said maybe its time to change it.. I'll post pix tomorrow looking forward to a response for something to do! ha its 2:20am here in FL night!

5. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

how long has it been since you changed out the carbon? I usually change mine out every month or so just to keep it really fresh and my tank crystal clear. Packleader went through this same exact incident, might want to pm him or wait for him to chime in with what he did.

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

There is a form at the beginning of the ASAP section that you should fill out. It will help quite a bit. Sorry you are having troubles. It can be a challenge, this hobby of ours.