DI/RO unit on Ebay

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by skennelly, Feb 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skennelly

skennelly Coral Banded Shrimp

Has anyone purchased the DI/RO unit advertised on Ebay for $69.00. It claims to be a 6 stage 100 gpd unit. And the name on it is dvoneb aqua.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. skennelly

Here is a pic of the unit.

4. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

To be honest, an RO/DI unit is a RO/DI unit. The only real differences is the cartridges. Now on that unit, it might use refillable DI, which I really don't care for. I had a friend buy something similar to that from eBay and the water coming out of the RO was 10 and the DI was over 50! But he called the company and they sent him some new DI and it fixed the problem. For the money, you really can't beat it, just make sure the cartridges are interchangable and you should be set. Should be standard 10" canisters on the bottoms units.

Mike

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Is the DI unit one of the piggy backs? If so, it is a small one and that is pretty much what you burn through and is the most expensive material (after the RO membrane of course)

I have the Typhoon from
    www.airwaterice.com
    and it has a full size cartridge of DI resin which is easy to replace...pull it out, put new one in. Like MacNReef said, the refillable ones....he doesn't care for. You will be playing with a bunch of loose beads of DI resin....yech.
    Paid more for mine tho too. I get a zero TDS reading.

It is up to you, like stated, they all work...it is just considering expense and ease of replacing filter media should be a consideration...IMO :D

6. skennelly

The DI is one of the piggy backs. The filter states it needs to be replace every 12 months and it is not the refillable type. I can handle a once a year filter change. :)

I purchased it yesterday so its on the way. For $69.00 I think this is a steal. I hope the seller is a fast shipper!

Sean

7. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

once a year???? that sounds almost too good to be true...ummmmm

good luck and let us know!!!

Scoffer

8. Click Here!

9. skennelly

10. Rob

Rob Astrea Snail

i bought it and it works great. when i got it it was broke. the fittings between the three bottom filters (2) male on male conector i cost me i think 5 dollers to replace both of them ad i had to buy a garden hose conector. but other than that it works great.
    rob

11. skennelly

Received it yesterday. Its looks good, however I was supposed to receive a quick connect to the faucet with the unit but it wasn't in the box. Doesn't matter I'm going to hook it up directly to the water feed anyhow.

12. Rob

Rob Astrea Snail

let me know how it works. did you get a total desolved solids meter with it. it is extra and i think it costs about 30 bucks but you will see a huge difference in your tap water and ro water.
    rob