devils hand turning green

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by spongebob, Oct 1, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. spongebob

spongebob Flamingo Tongue

I fed my tan devils hand coral some coral vibrance with a baster. It is just zooplankton.I have done it before with no issue. This time it shrunk after an hour and half turned green. This is the second day and its all green and not opening. It did get slightly bigger than when the light is out but is not opening up. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before?

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Just leave it be. It will probably shed a mucus layer. I never spot feed any of my leathers as they constantly pull from the water coloum. Coral vibrance is a great reef food.

4. spongebob

spongebob Flamingo Tongue

Thanks that's what I thought. I was just curious if anyone has seen it before.

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Have one, Seen it.

Although I NEVER spot feed ANY of my corals. My Devils hande has become quite huge, and I have fragged hunks the size of a baseball off it several times.

Sometimes afterwards, it turns greenish.

I've also had it stay very white for weeks.

It's usually kinda brown/tanish.

I think it's OK

6. nanoreefwannabe

nanoreefwannabe Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

is the greenish a result of it being shrunk up and ready to shed? i know mine get that "bad meat" shine to them from time to time right before they shed...