Deresa!!

Discussion in 'Clams' started by JJL, Feb 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

:)I REALLY want a Deresa clam, but i really do not want to buy one and then have it die. Are my lights good enought? I have a RSM 130d. I think they have twin 55W T5's. What else should i know?? Also i was looking at live aquaria to get one and it is listed as ORA. What does that mean?? THANKS!!;D

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

O.R.A. - Oceans Reef and Aquariums - An aquaculture facility where they produce and grow fish/clams/corals etc.

Personally I think you might need a bit more light to sustain the clam. As they are sand dwelling clams, so they are low to the bottom of the tank. So less light reaches them. Just my two cents.

4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Really : ( Have you seen them survive for a long time in 130ds though??

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Well i know the 130d is a 34 gallon tank from red sea correct? now when you say twin 55w? is it 2 bulbs at 55w or 2 bulbs = 55w?

Just checked on the tank. You should be fine with a clam.

Just remember T. Derasa can grow upwards to 20" big!

1 person likes this.
  6. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

It is 2 55w bubls! Are you sure that the light can sustain one? Thanks for your help! I really want one, but I really dont want to kill it! I know about the size though... when it gets to big ill move it out! THANKS!

7. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Here is my ORA Deresa. I personally love ORA, they always have healthy specimens.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

i would not put a clam in a RSM130. the stock lights put out the equivalent of PC. they claim t5 but they aaren't.

this is from red sea:
    MAX 130, 130D: 55w T5 PC High Output lamps. These lamps are shorter than standard length 55w lamps in order to make them suitable for the MAX 130 & 130D. High output 50/50 10,000k / Actinic lighting provides the ideal spectrum and intensity for great coral growth.

Bulbs fit the RSM 130 and 130D. They are PC connections with T5 sized tubes. Bulbs should be replaced every 7-9 months.

what is a 55w T5 PC? its a PC. if it looks like PC and plugs in like PC then its probably a PC.

10. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I respect your opinion, but I have seen many in 130ds. How far am i from sustaining one. Is there any chance I could keep one alive?

11. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

What if i put one up on the rocks (2/3s of the tank up.)

12. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

keeping one alive is one thing, but keeping it to thrive is what we want.