Dead lights

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Av8Bluewater, Feb 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

My daylights are not working today. I think the ancient ballast finally died. I really need a new one anyway...
    Actinics still work..
    Question : How long will my corals be good for in that situation until I can get another light going?

I have Brain, Fungia, Spaghetti leather, zoas, Frogspawn, Xenia, mushrooms, GSP, Toadstool, Kryptonite.

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

I wouldn't give it more than a week, but they can probably survive for a bit longer than that if your running the actinics. It does, however, depend on how much actinic lighting you have.

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

yeah... i've got 200 w actinic.. I ordered a new light system today so.. I hope it gets here fast.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

You should be OK. The actinics will be fine for a little while. All of mine made it 3 1/2 days with no lighting while I was on vacation and where fine, so at least you have something going on

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I have Brain, Fungia, Spaghetti leather, zoas, Frogspawn, Xenia, mushrooms, GSP, Toadstool, Kryptonite.

Target feed the red corals. The other ones can easily live off of DOM and limited photosynthesis for quite a while.

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

cool ,, thanks for all the advice.

8. Click Here!

9. ALW

ALW Sea Dragon

This made me think that there are 5+ day stretches in the islands (over the reefs) that have huge storms that drown out most of the sun.

I am not saying things will look healthy and vibrant but they should live and rebound just fine.

I, of course, Don't really know crap though. :drool:

1 person likes this.