Cyclopeeze, DT's Phytoplankton, and Reef Snow! Oh my!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Claic Yuzolt, Jan 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Yeah, I feed it every 3rd or 4th day along with mysis or mussels, scallop, etc. Try and get variety in. I'll feed a pinch of Coral Frenzy a coupla times a week after lights out as well.
    Look up the product SELCON too.

2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Unless you really have a heavily coral stocked tank I would not "broadcast" feed, it will probably just end up being a waste of money for the 1% of what you add to the tank that gets eaten and not skimmed out, and also adds unnecessary nutrients to your tank.

Most coral do not require that you feed them, and if you do have coral that require feeding I would recommend doing more target feeding than just dumping some microscopic mixture into your tank. Of course unless you have a lot of coral...

JMO

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Agreed. I don't see anything in your signature line that requires feeding. The corals you have will do just fine with light and whatever scraps of fish food it can catch when you feed your fish.

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I can guarantee TLF has since changed the formula. That is a HUGE problem when referring to old analysis, especially 3-5 y/o ones :)

6. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Oh I completely missed the signature, I can't read yellow on a white background. :)

7. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Changing the formula doesn't necessarily make it any better.
    Same with MW Coral Vital being talked about now on RC.

8. Click Here!

9. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

I use the freeze dried and everything goes crazy over it also,including the fish,especially the chromis.Even the nasarius snails suddenly appear out of hiding.

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Didn't say that now did I/ :) I just said they changed the formula...meaning the study you referenced is out of date and not accurate to cite.

Won't even touch the MW CV part :lol: Apple vinegar doesn't belong in my tank and not with a pretty label on it. Poor MW, it's his name but no longer his company.

11. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Sailor, supposedly the freeze dried stays in suspension longer? I'm talking about after hydration? Do you hydrate in just tank water? :confused:

12. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

;D:cheesy:;D