cyclop-eeze

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by JJK, Oct 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

I've been hearing good things about cyclop-eeze, both for feeding fish and also corals. I figure I'll give it a try. Maybe even my finicky mandarin might eat some (so far she only eats pods).

My question is this: Is there a practical difference between the frozen cyclop-eeze vs. the freeze-dried stuff? I can order the freeze-dried online, but for frozen I have to pay more at the lfs.

2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

The problem with that freeze dried stuff is it floats. I have a can that I've barely used because of that. If I'm really bored I'll let it soak a while and mix it in with the other food.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

i use the frozen stuff and I like it. My mandarin (so far) doesn't respond to it at all. He only eats pods so far.

It's an easy way to feed all the corals and fish. Sometimes I dose it during the day and sometimes at night... kind of alternate which corals can get it..

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I use the freeze dried stuff and found it works well. I mix it in a cup and use a turkey baster to dispense it. It doesn't float that way.

6. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

i use the frozen stuff everything in my tank loves it

7. dannydesiliva

dannydesiliva Plankton

Well, I've been using the freeze-dried version of Cyclope-eze. My clown love it and my button polips also like it. I will order the frozen bar for my corals.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

Update - I bought a bar of frozen stuff - pricey! It was almost $20 (Cdn) for the bar! But the fish seem to love it. The mandarin sniffed around a bit, but didn't take any. I wonder if I can entice him with a few more feedings. But for now, gotta continue my pod farm.

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I use the freeze dried also and have found that by swirling it around in a glass of tank water , it disperses nicely through the tank and everything seems to react to its presence

Steve

1 person likes this.
  11. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Ditto what Steve said. I actually mix it with a cup of tank water and let it sit a bit and stir several times. It mixes nicely that way (that was a tip from my LFS).

1 person likes this.
  12. mocarski

mocarski Bristle Worm

cyclopeeze is good stuff. I use the frozen. My acans love it.

frozen bloodworms were recommended to me for feeding mandarins. Don't know much about em though.