Cycling w/Dr. Tim's one and only

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by justpeachy, Jun 7, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. justpeachy

justpeachy Plankton

I have just started a new 125 gallon tank with 120lbs dry reef rock, 2" sand bed 9.5 mag drive return pump in my eshoppers 150 sump. I took out the filter sock and turned off the protein skimmer Wed. tested my water Nitrite 0 ammonia 0 added DR. Tim's one and only and a small clown (like Mr Satlwater TV suggested). I have tested everyday (yes I know not much time has passed yet) but nitrite still reads 0 ammonia 0. Hewy (the little clown) is doing fine it seems. If they never go up I'm I still okay with the cycling? Do I need to add more of the stuff? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I dont think your going to have any ammonia production with dry rock and a tiny clown in a large tank. Did Dr. Tim send you pure ammonia? If so, put the clown in a 10 gallon tank for a week and dose the 125 with pure ammonia and then test the levels. That would be the sure fire way of determining if you have biological growth. But I would say your safe to add fish SLOWLY. basically, the bacteria have nothing to eat, to grow and multiply untill you either add more fish or dose pure ammo

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef justpeachy.

I merged your two thread into one and moved the thread to Dr.Tims forum.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yes, welcome to 3reef. How long has your tank been running?

6. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Hello

You need to add more fish not more 'stuff'. There was plenty of bacteria in the bottle to handle to load from one clown.