Cyanobacteria Growing by the week....

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by jdk, Apr 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jdk

jdk Astrea Snail

Hey Dr. Tim I used your "one and only" to fishless cycle my tank back in October and was very happy with the results.

I currently have a 29 gal Biocube sps/lps/zoas 4 fish (5?)

I just ordered your "re-fresh" and "Waste Away" in hopes of getting rid of my cyano problem. I have never had any problem algae in my tank what so ever. I run a huge Aquamaxx HOB-1 skimmer(75 gal rated) as well as GFO and GAC in a reactor. I also have chaeto.

I had a phosphate problem about a month ago until I started running gfo which has helped a lot. However since my phosphates have dropped (below .02) I am getting cyano. It started off as just a little but now it seems every week it gets more and more. I have been using MB7 which helped a little but now it is really growing fast. I use a turkey baster to blow it off the rocks and suck it off the sand and I syphon it out when I do water changes.

I believe the cyano started from either a yasha goby death (have not seen it in months?) or the use of a cpl KZ SPS coral food products. I have since ceased using the KZ products.

Hopefully the "refresh" and "waste-away" will get rid of the cyano before it really gets out of control.

I will hopefully be able to post pics of my progress. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. jdk

jdk Astrea Snail

Do I need to keep my DKH below 8 to use these products? I noticed efrain saying that was his plan in his cyano thread?