Cyano Again

Discussion in 'Algae' started by coldshot, May 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

My tank has been up and running for about a year and a half now and I am having my second rash of Cyano Bacteria. I added a Eel A couple months ago and was feeding him whole silversides. He was stashing remains inside of a hollow rock where he used to live before taking him back. (to much waste involved) Well now I have Cyano again. The last time I had it I used Chemi-Clean which worked great but I know there are several different companies that make Chemi-Clean but I hear of only one that works. I threw my other out as it was outdated and cant remember the name of it. Who makes the chemi-clean redslime remover that really works. I saw some at the store by Boyd's for 50 bux but thats a bit steep. What kind and where to get it for the best deal. I have cut my feeding back to every third day and cut back my white lights for the time. thnx for your help. Peace Friend.
    Danny

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Cutting the light may not help that much. Do a large (50%) water change, increase the circulation, remove all the detritus you can find, blow off the rocks with a baster before the water change, clean all equipment real well and start using granulated ferric oxide to control the phosphate. Use the red slime removers as a last resort.