cutting zoa from frag plug

Discussion in 'Frags' started by crustytheclown, Jan 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

so i am wanting to remove my zoa polyps from my ugly frag plugs. Does the mat pull off pretty easily, and are they very fragile. I just dont like the look of these damn plugs. One of my zoa colonies is growing onto the backside of the rim of the plug. Will it be hard to super glue them to the rock in the tank?
    :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

If they are attached with epoxy then you can pull the epoxy off of the plug and glue them down like that. The epoxy is usually pretty easy to pull off.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

If you need to cut them, use a sharp knife or blade and kind of scrape the rock. It's not that hard to super glue them, put a big dollop, and place the polyp on top. Don't let the polyp sit on the glue too long or the glue will harm the polyp. Put the new frag under water and you should be fine. Some zoas are easier then other, just keep that in mind too.

5. 10001110101

10001110101 Fire Worm

yeah or you can just get pliers and break up the frag plug, frag plugs are just sand and glue so they crumble under just a little pressure... just get some pliers and crush the plug down until theres just enough under the zoas so you have a surface to superglue them on...

have fun!