Current 3reef Projects

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 26, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hello 3reefers -

News has been kinda slow around here so I thought I'd fill you in on some things going on behind the scenes...

1) Member Submitted Glossary

The new glossary section will have different categories from basic definitions to acronyms. You can catch a climpse here. This should roll out of beta in May. Feel free to add one to check it out so far.

2) Interactive Profiles

Blogs, last pics uploaded, more user info, buddies/friends, latest karma, etc..
    You might be surprised to know that many of these features are already currently available to you via your user control panel. Check out my profile to see some of them. Expect a MAJOR face lift and more features in May.

3) Multimedia

I won't spoil this one, but let me just my credit card just took a major hit.
    Launch - May.

4) More Dynamic Maps

Expect more than just a member map. By the way, did you know that I upgraded the Member Map recently? CHeck out the new features. Are you on the member map yet?
    Launch - May/June

5) More Contests and Giveaways.

3reef giveaways are legendary... full tank setups.. Tunze hardware, no chinsy crap here! Expect a HUGE one this summer. 8)

Reminders

We are still am looking for people to submit articles to our database. I'd love to see this grow and become a great resource for all. SUbmit your original work and become a 3reef contributor and earn some karma. :)

You can also become a contributor by doing a write up for fish or coral of the month. We still need volunteers for May! :eek: Please send a PM if you would like to do it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway.. I hope this update has given you that warm fuzzy feeling that 3reef has things going on! :) But we couldn't do it without you. Your posts and contributions help the site. Keep those posts coming. ;)

Thanks everybody!

matt

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

On the map I noticed that if someone is online there is a small green dot in the middle of their ballon.

BOOBIE prize goes to me?

Jim

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice Jim. You are correct sir. :)

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

YAY! Maybe i can win a tank for college :)

6. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Nice upgrades Matt! ;D

7. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

Was the Chinese word for Japan always there? :)

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hmmm.. That is interesting. :)

@rickzter - Thanks! Next month should be a big one as more of these get online.