curious about freshwater plants.

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Blazinfire, Jan 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blazinfire

Blazinfire Astrea Snail

hello. i just now recently got started on a new 38 gallon freshwater aquarium. i've been hearing mixed opinion's on live plants. i actually have fake plants in the tank at the moment. does anyone have any links to good information on how plants benifit the aquarium. which in my opinion i think they make the tanks look beautiful, good, pretty, which everyone u choose :p

another question about the plants if i do ever decide to go with live plants. can i add them in the tank during the process of the cycle. and any other time i want. or would i have to start all over and put them in the tank to begin with?

i'm actually planning to add different decoration to the tank. just not sure what to pick for when i add more fish. because a few fish i will wanna stock likes the cover of plants and such.

thanx for your time

2. Click Here!

3. Blazinfire

Blazinfire Astrea Snail

oh and i would like to add another question.

where can someone obtain live plants? and is it harder to take care of a planted aquarium? just a few curious questions about it. due to mixed opinions on the subject from people i know.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009