Cubes

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Dj Orion, Feb 27, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dj Orion

Dj Orion Plankton

I am thinking of purchasing a cube setup. Does anyone have any experience or advice in which direction they took in what brand of tank they chose, oceanic, current, jbj, e.t.c. I keep hearing mixed reviews on these tanks and just wanted to get a good idea on where to start. Anyone have any preferance on which setup had optimal results? Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. s14hayame

s14hayame Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hey whats up, i have a biocube 8g not a bad tank at all. most of these cubes have very similar design so its up to u. but if i might suggest i think u should look in to the nanowave 9 it comes with a build in fug n build in skimmer.

heres a picture of my cube hope u like it

Attached Files:

4. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

Just bought a 12 gal on eBay. Waiting for it to get here. I've seen some used JBJ cubes & they all seem to have the same problem - broken feeding door hinge. Hopefully I'll be setting mine up this weekend. I'll let you know more when it arrives.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Very nice cube s14hayame! 8)

Love that minimalist layout. Works great. Less is more!

I do like the Oceanic cubes and almost bought one once. Hey did they ever make one with a built-in overflow?

6. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yup, the biocube has an over flow on the surface and one in the bottom. Very good unit in my opinion.

7. s14hayame

s14hayame Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

having the surface skimmer is very nice, overall very satisfied with the biocube. the only thing for the 8gal that i have theres no room for a skimmer however the 14gal model can house a nano skimmer in the first compartment.
    if i didnt rush to get one i ll probably would have gotten the nanowave 9.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good to know. I was actually curious if Oceanic made cubes with overflows?