Cryptoheros sajica fry!!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by ragc, May 26, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Inimicus

Inimicus Astrea Snail

Great species of fish, i've only worked with them once but never long enough to breed. Right now i'm being lazy and just breeding convicts (i cant screw them up :D)

I have about 50 in 10 gallon right now and they eating well and growing. I started to raise this batch cause i lost the female and i was kind of attached to her so i'm raisin up some offspring to keep her around in spirit kinda thing.

She went down with a fight and took out her assasin with her....though i miss my jag he was only three inches bigger but apparently she pissed him off and he ate her and they both died. i was less than happy about it but its my fault for not retanking the jag elsewhere. however i'm proud of my little girl for going down fighting and for the male for raising 50 babies in a 75 gallon for ten days fighting off three predatory nocturnal catfish, two non breeding female convicts, one red devil and five red hook silver dollars. he's the terminator when it comes to breeding.

anyhow great pics i wish i lived closer so i could pick some up from you, they are occasionally available locally but usually look like crap.

Btw another common name i see locally is Blue eye cichlid or more commonly saijica is the name they use.

sorry for the rambling post...i love your pairs breeding colors though very sharp looking :).

jason