crisis on the reef

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by oldfishkeeper, Jun 13, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

we've all had them, those yucky days when something goes wrong and it's not quickly apparent what the cause is so everything gets cleaned and taken apart while diagnosing the problem - ugh!

So, last night I get home about 8 and my skimmer is not getting enough water flow to work, so took that apart first along with many other things. LONG story short, I got a replacement pump but then I caused a bulkhead to leak but luckily our friend that built it was able to come over and tighten it and the leak is gone.

Of course, this occurs 3 days before we leave on vacation. I am really kind of glad that the problem didn't occur while we were gone. That would have been a disaster. My tank sitter would not have had an idea that something was potentially wrong. So, we are set now, $200 back (of course, had to add in coral while at the shop getting the pump fixed up :)) and a back-up pump ordered.

Just thought I'd share, I maybe should have called the thread 'crisis averted" oh, and I have to estimate it was 9+ hours doing all of this lol

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It never ends. Good thing the leak got caught, that good have been a disaster.

Have a nice vacation. ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

thanks Corailline! it really could have been a bad situation.