Crab

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Reefbuilder, Dec 31, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I have not added new rock in a long time. plus my rock was all dry that I cycled back when I started the tank. must have come in on a coral although I am pretty regimented with the dipping. Most of the time I have had crabs come in on coral the dip gets them. it must have come in very small on a piece before I got so regimented in dipping and been in the tank a while.

Animals3269 likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Damn that thing looks mean. Good luck man, hope you get him out soon and it goes smooth.

Animals3269 and Vinnyboombatz like this.
  4. Reefbuilder

2 down. Know of one more at least in the main. uploadfromtaptalk1453040479218.jpg

Animals3269 likes this.
  5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

damn good fishing, im in the same boat trying to capture a fiendish gorilla crab. how did you catch yours?

6. Reefbuilder

Luck... They were in my 75, In a very large not removable structure for a while. Yesterday I saw them both in a stand alone rock so I grabbed the rock real quick and used tongs to get them out of the crevice.

I still have the one in the above picture in my main tank - but these looked a little different than that one. These looked MEAN! Closer look they had hairy legs and a white band on the black claw.

Swisswiss likes this.
  7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

those do look mean...ninja like

8. Click Here!

9. Reefbuilder

Yeah I am glad they did not hurt anything - when I would feed the tank they would come out a little and they had a heck of a reach with those claws.