Covey's 150G Photo Journal

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Covey, Mar 10, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Heaven help me I'm upgrading again.;D
    Thing is when you set up your 1st. reef you have to start making choices an unfortunately you don't know jack when you start out. I am looking to undo some of my mistakes. I want the jaw dropping acro tank and now I now how to get it.

Things that need to change:
    1) I want to move the tank.
    2) Kalk glued my sandbed into one solid clump an I am not a fan of removing a DSB with living things still in the tank.
    3) My rocks are overgrown with every imaginable type of algae. I started to win against the hair algae only to find out that I had a dozen different algae underneath it:mad:.
    4) Fuge is overgrown and it's DSB is glued too.
    5) My sump needs to be remodeled. I have bulkheads and holes drilled for equipment I no longer have.
    6) I am ending my equipment sprawl. My sump isn't set up right and I can't fit anything in my sump so. My skimmer and calcium reactor sit outside the stand in my living room. Eyesore. I have a cool idea for this.

A pile of small and not so small things have made me decide to get a new tank. While I am at it I might as well upgrade. I want the new tank to look clean in and out. My PVC overflow is very functional but a tad fugly. So I am going Reef Ready this time. I wasn't going to go this big but I when to the LFS to price tanks and the 150gRR were on sale for $50 cheaper than the 125g not reef ready. $420 for 150G RR drilled with the overflow panels and no Mega flows. I am getting the tank in a week and a half. This is the fun part I am building almost everything. The stand, the canopy, and a new sump. Lucky most of my equipment is over-sized and modular so I don't need a skimmer, a calcium reactor, and 75% of my lighting will be reused.

This is going to be my long running central thread that I will spin the other related thread off of.

P.S.=>Before I get "pretty long winded for a photo journal. No pics:p " anyone that is use to my threads knows your going to need high speed by the time this thread is over.

Tank will be here in a week and a half;D

2. Click Here!

3. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Cool! Looking foward to seeing the pictures.

4. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Congrats Covey!

Too bad about your disease.
    Can you say 300? ;D

BTW, I was just looking at another 210 to replace the 72. ::)

So, what is the cure?

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

6. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

When I buy a house Blade I'm building a HUGE tank I guess this will have to tied me over.

7. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

:eek: The real shocker is that I am going Bare Bottomed:eek:

8. Click Here!

9. stonepilot

stonepilot Astrea Snail

looking forward to it. Ive decided to do some changes also not that size but will be watching to see what you do. will it be a closed system?

10. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

What do you mean stone? closed system?

11. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

Once you go reef you always want bigger and better. My husband says its like a drug once you get addicted to it you cant stop and always want more.
    Well for me it's like a drug. Good luck, looking forward to some pictures.

12. stonepilot

stonepilot Astrea Snail

Im not sure Im the best person to explain a closed system I understand it theoritically, explain why kalk made your dsb glued together. here goes closed system-I drilled hole in bottom with no over flow so water could come in and over flow is at top also pump pumps to top to make a cilcle so if power should quit water goes stagnat instead of revese flowing back to sump. best I can do.