Could this be why my brain isint doing so good?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so even though pretty much everybody says my brain is fine, i still have my doubts. I've only had it for 2 weeks so its relativly new. When i first got it would stay deflated, for a couple days, then at night it inflate, then for like a week it would actually stay inflated most of the day and move in the flow but if you saw my other thread i think it may be dead or dying or about too pics are also in that thread as well.

But here's what im thinking on the second day with me having it, its feeding tenticles came out. And while they were out my female clown was poking/nipping at them. could she have done anything to make the brain the way it is? Because im just so confused about whats going on, usually when its deflated it still moves in the flow, but it never moves in the flow like it had been doing. Also it has been like this for 48 hours and i have moved it to the opposite side of the tank, which is further away from the powerhead.

Am i still being a worry wort? Or could she have really dammaged something

2. Click Here!

3. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

My Brain was being nipped at by Blenny. He went and the brain is doing fine.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

how much longer should i give it to inflate? it had been ok and now nothing, its like lifeless

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I got a brain that was doing well. Put it in my tank and it sucked up. Moved it to my fuge and it came out. Back in the tank and it sucked up. Finnaly watched it one day and it was the Blenny. Removed the blenny and it's fine.... huge. If the feeding tentacles come out it is feeding. Not really bad. But if the Clown does not leave it alone, or starts to do damage, it won't survive for ever.

But brains are funny. I had a pink one that would do well at times. Then for a long time it just didn't look good. No change after the blenny left. Finally sold it and it is doing well in a different tank. So who knows. My green one does great in my tank.

6. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

thats why you shouldnt have done drugs it messses up ur mind haha jk

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahahahaha

8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

I miss my green brain! It lived for 5 months, couldnt save it. they can be a hard coral to save sometimes..

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea thats what im afraid of. like even though everyone says its ok, i just think somethings wrong, because why have the feeding tenticles never come out? if they had been consistantly coming out and then all of a sudden do this i would be like ok, its probably doing what everyone says, but their never out :confused:

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

My brain inflated and ate the second I got it. Maybe there is to much flow on it.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

maybe i just cant keep brains then, which is weird because zoas and bubbles aren't supposed to like strong flow but they love it and my zoas are always open.

If it really is because of the flow i dont know what else to do, because there really arent any low flow areas everything is like moderate to high throughout the entire tank