Corals are dying

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Guest, Nov 16, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Great to hear the good news Jim! Careful not to overfeed so as to have a nitrate problem!

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Jim_Barry link=board=ASAP;num=1069006848;start=0#9 date=11/16/03 at 19:29:12]I fed my sun coral tonight with an eye dropper of brine shrimp on each polyp.  It was amazing how it opened for food.  I am thrilled with the results..... I thought it was dying (or dead) ;D.  I will feed it directly a couple of times a day for a while and will post a pic when it is full and healthy.[/quote]

Awesome! Glad to hear it.
    Stike one up for the ASAP board!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

4. Jim_Barry

Jim_Barry Astrea Snail

Thanks again for the advise on how to feed my sun coral. After only one day it has responded amazingly. Unfortunately on the other hand, my finger coral never made it. Here are a couple of pics of my sun coral after feeding it with an eyedropper.

5. Jim_Barry

Jim_Barry Astrea Snail

one more pic......

6. Craig Manoukian

That's a truly beautiful Sun Coral. Is that a branching Hammer or Frog Spawn in the second picture?

7. Jim_Barry

Jim_Barry Astrea Snail

Thx Craig....... not sure what the other coral is....The wife,kids and I call it a Broccoli coral (lol)......It is green with light green dots..... let me know what it is. The aquarium store told me when I bought it, and now I can't remember.

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

That be a branching Frog Spawn Euphylia divisa if it has tiny tips that looks like frog eggs. If the tips look like a hammer or anchor that is a branching Hammer Coral Euphylia paranchora.

10. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Glad to read everything is going better. That's a nice sized Sun Coral as well. It should do very well there. But you could put it lower. Trust me that also looks like a good spot for a more light demanding coral.

J ;D

11. chris777

chris777 Plankton

contaminents

if your coral is dying there a tons of contaminents that could be in your water? what kind of water do you use? heres a good site that has lots of information on the contaminants in water and how to filter them out

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

This thread is probably the oldest zombie I've seen in a good while, at almost 7 years since the last post.