Corals and Clowns

Discussion in 'Coral' started by JOER0178, Feb 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

To everyone who has clown fish. I wanted to know which clown fish do you have and which corals do they like to use as a host?

Also a side note, does anyone know any good "beginner corals" that are placed on the substrate

2. Click Here!

3. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Garf has a nice article on that subject here's the link:

http://www.garf.org/39/fish/pict.html

Appearently, they suggest a toadstool leather which was no surprise to me as I had seen them there before.

4. JOER0178

Thats a GREAT link David Thank you . You no with everyone talking about how hard anemones are to keep, and how people shouldn't buy them this would be a great link to add to the site

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I remember seeing a Clown Fish : Anemone host chart somewhere here. Try a search.
    Clown fish will host in other corals such as frogspawn and some leathers. But often the coral does not like the clowns and can suffer because of them.

As for a beginer coral. You may want to shart with Mushrooms, Colt Coral, or some Zooanthids

J

6. JOER0178

im sorry do you coice those corals as a beginner in general terms or regarding the coral placed on the substrate. Thank You

7. JOER0178

Also the web site David put a link up for addresses the fact that corals dont like the clowns usually and says that the toadstool is best in this manner.

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I have a toadstool and a maroon clown. he never host w/ the toadstool then again theyve only been together two months

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Jason McKenzie link=board=Coral;num=1077890740;start=0#3 date=02/27/04 at 08:52:06]I remember seeing a Clown Fish : Anemone host chart somewhere here.[/quote]

It's pinned on the fish board.
    ;) :)

11. JOER0178

I NOTICED IN THE PICTURES THAT THE CLOWNS USING THE TOADSTOOL AS A HOST WERE PERCULA CLOWNS.  MAYBE MAROONS DONT DO THE SAME NUGIO?????

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Mine killed my hammer coral as it never recovered after they spawned onto it.
    And they killed one stock on the frogspawn coral I have.