coralife digital timer

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by paulg, Jul 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

I have had the digital timer now for 2 months and the damn thing runs great for a week then i have to reset it. I set the time, then the days and time for on and off, set my mode to run on the programmed times and still have the same trouble, it resets itself. Then i have to reset my days and times all over again. Does anyone have this digital timer and if so any trouble with it? Its not the one with the single or dual timers on it, its just the all digital one. I`m going to pull my hair out over this damn thing:angry:

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I have one of these. It is a little quirky. Mine would do the same thing until I figured out my little girl would squeeze herself between the wall and the tank (stepping on it) and it would reset it everytime. So if you have children or pets, and it is on the floor, get it off the floor. If it is already off the floor, I don't know what to say. I know I am not going to get one of this type again. I do not like the Day, Night thing they have going on. I want timers on everything. Rock on.......John.

4. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

cant say thats the trouble its mounted in my stand, ya I cant figure it out. I thought it was pilot error until like the 3rd time it did it

5. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

i have one and havent had any problem w/it coralife is pretty good about their products (i work in the pet trade)i would bring it back to where you got it they should defect it out and get you a new one

6. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

They got back to me this morning and wanted a copy of my reciept, probably to send me a new one, we shall see if I can find it.

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Wasnt there a problem with the digital ones awhile back??? The analog ones worked great, but the digitals were messed up. I dont remember the exact issues with them but it had something to do with them resetting or would work for a little while and then just quit.

8. Click Here!

9. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

the digtal timer i had just reset it safe once the light came on , or would not turn on at all and this was about a month ago , i just swicthed back to the analogy but it just not the same.

10. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

Well atleast I know some others had trouble with the same timer. I`ll keep you all posted on what they say about the timer and if they send me a new one without my reciept, i`m sure I tossed it after the first month of it working.

11. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

Well they cant help me without the reciept.........GREAT

12. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

Well I wrote them back and said if I cant find the receipt can I just email you a picture of the damn thing under my tank, i`m sure it has a product ID # on it, why would i lie about the fact i have this timer that dont work. This is what they replied with.

Yes that will be fine. I never was accusing you of lying its just I have to follow certain guidelines.

Thanks,

Jon Schmidt

Central Aquatics Warranty/Product Lines

PH #: 800-255-4527 / 414-421-9670 ext 1206

Fax #: 800-398-0396 / 414-421-4195 Attn: Jon S

well maybe the next one will work if they do send it.