Coral suppliment

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by unclejed, Nov 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

2. Click Here!

3. silverwolf72

silverwolf72 Skunk Shrimp

If you can't test for it don't dose it. All of the rest should be made up when you do water changes.

4. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Well, I appreciate the reply but it doesn't fit for a food and cel rebuilding supplement.

5. reefman1132

reefman1132 Skunk Shrimp

This supplement makes sense since amino acids are required for building proteins which corals (and everything else) are made of. I would want to use this if other people haven't had any ill effects. Good suggestion.

6. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

ive been using amino acids for awhile along with other supplements, and i dont have a test kit for them, go figure. they play an important part along with other minerals and vitamins, seachem is my choice, never tried brightwell.

7. silverwolf72

silverwolf72 Skunk Shrimp

Dosing Amino Acids

Sorry about that I just saw trace elements in there and didn't check the link

I tried to look up any info on this and pretty much just came across advertisements and very little data. What I found seems to show that very few corals can absorb amino acids so these types of products aren't needed. JMO

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i had a bottle of coral accel its basically the samething, it didn't do much in my opinion.
    also i have a sneaky suspicion that our skimmers take the amino acids out.

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I agree, if you read the labels to many of these they tell you to not run the skimmer or an filter for a certain amount of time.
    Getting to your question, I have used a similar supplement, not that one though. Honestly, I haven't really noticed much difference. I add an invertebrate food and the corals seem to respond to that more. My zoas are growing very well, as is my clam and lps.