Coral Spotlight | Xenia

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by mikejrice, Dec 17, 2018.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Common names: pulse coral, Xenia, pom pom coral

Difficulty Level: Xenia are some of the best beginner corals available. They are usually very tolerant to most conditions, cheap and easily found.

Feeding: These corals are primarily photosynthetic though some think they may have the ability to absorb nutrients through their feather-like fingers.

Lighting (Level 3 to 10): Xenia can be adapted to almost any lighting though faster growth will be seen under higher lighting conditions.

Water flow: Moderate to high water flow is important. Higher water flow may increase pulsing activity.

Placement: Xenia has a slight sting which should be taken in to account, but it is their quick growth rate that should be considered the most. Leave them plenty of room to fully extend and grow

https://captivecoral.net/portfolio/xenia/[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

How would these work out in a sump for nutrient export instead or in addition to Chaetomorpha? Would they likely spread to display tank?

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I've heard of people using them for this before, but I haven't seen what kind of results they got. I think the chance of it spreading into the display would be pretty good if it's allowed to overgrown and get anywhere near the return pump.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Billme likes this.