Coral Pics

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Bruce, Nov 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Sry, i did not know where to post this...does anyone have an opinion on what is the best camera for taking macros of corals and such...i have a old pentax that is well awsome but i wanna put online...and i hate scanning so...i can spend like 350-450 thanks :) [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I would ask Jason McKenzie he takes some awesome pictures ;) ;D.................. John

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hi Bruce!

I use a Sony Cybershot (it is a couple years old now) with a Carl Zeiss Lens (10X zoom). From what I understand, there is a PROBLEM with the new ones giving a purple haze (hey now....that's a song aint it) on the pics.

If you have a decent camera shop around you may be able to pick one up used for the price you mentioned. I would get one that is 2 or more years older tho.

It has macro feature, zoom lens, manual focus settings, etc. It's a nice camera and easy to use because I know NOTHING about photography!!! LOL!!! Oh yeah, it is digital.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Er, um, no not that one. The one I have is a 5 megapixel...
    Lemme see what I can find....

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

11. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

what is the diff between the one for 900 lol (with all that deluxe package and crap) and this one? and for this one would i ned to buy and lenses or and if so can u tell me what kinds, is the one u showed me more of a camera or a recorder?

12. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

This is a great resource for camera shoppingdpreview
    The most important thing is to remember what you want to do with it.
    I have found it very important, when taking pics of my tank to have a camera that has a very small minimum focus distance. Also with todays photo machines it is not always necessary to get the most mega-pixels. I can take a 300K file and get a good quality 8X10 off a digital minilab. So don't feel that you have to get and 8MP camera. Go for features and quality of the mp the camera has.
    I would investigate Fuji, Canon, Minolta, Nikon, and Sony,
    Also goto a store and try the camera before you buy. I have found a lot of cameras have a huge delay between the time you push the shutter button and the pic is taken.

Jason