Coral order

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by AnotherMike, Feb 2, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

Hi Picked up this nice little 10 pack of sticks a month or so back
    1. Poison ivy
    2. Rommels Watermelon
    3. Crazy Bananas Milli
    4. BC Bonsai
    5. Garys Yellow!
    6. PC Rainbow
    7. Beehive 2.0
    8. The BPG (blue polyped granny)
    9. BC Xmas
    10. Palmers Blue Milli

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post some current picts in the next few weeks. They are all encrusted and doing amazing.

zesty, ShovelHead and Corailline like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oooooo nice.

I am getting a Palmers Millepora tonight. It's a must have, which I have never. :p I like the Granny very much too.

How do you keep yellows, yellow?

AnotherMike likes this.
  4. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

The palmers is the most insane blue I have ever seen and has replaced my cali tort as my most stunning blue.

Garys is holding its color for now, time will tell if I can keep it that way. Open to any tips you may have. I'll try to get a pic of the mother colony, it's stunning and if happy will develop Blue tips.

PC rainbow is looking like it's going to outshine my Rommels rainbow.

5. Corailline

My space is so limited I have to choose carefully, Sunrise is one of my favorite Milleopora that is pretty darn hardy, but I got no room.

I am getting my Palmers from Battle.

Because yellow is so hard to keep that fantastic color without a ULNS I stay away from them.

It's hard enough for me to maintain blues, yellow I just do not have the sump/reactor/carbon to pull it off. Now reds and greens I am all over. o_O

6. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

Love sunrise!

Did not know that about yellow. Looks like mine is probably doomed. My tank didn't respond well to ULNS and I believe in low levels of N/P. My colors are great, my growth could be better. What alk do you run?

That above order is from Adam. I also have a more recent order from him that includes space ghost, rainbow army, dog boy, June ruby, skinny love and raspberry lemonade that are all still chilling in my FT. I don't know if there is a better vendor than battle. His stuff is rock solid. His palmers is going to knock you flat.

7. Corailline

LOL excellent, that is awesome, I just completed my order.

I got big Palmers and the big Tyree Pink Lemonade.

According to the gurus yellow will not hold it's color in the presence of any phosphates or nitrates, truth I am not sure.

Being the KISS reefer that I am my tank always has at least nitrates of 10 and phosphates of 0.15 ppm. I do not sweat the nitrates, phosphates I try to keep in check with GFO. I still love the Zeovite look, (yeah I know not everyone does) but I can not rationalize pouring that much money and time into a tank to get pastel colors. :cool:

Edit:
    We'll see how true it is about the yellow since I just ordered a yellow acropora with pink polyps and I have a white formosa. If they turn brown I have no one to blame but myself/

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    zesty likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

That's very interesting on the yellow color. I was wondering about that the other day. I was asking someone somewhere about yellow SPS and why you don't see many of them. This now makes some sense.

I've heard nothing but great things about battlecorals. I am (for the time being) glad I'm not picky about my coral types, not for any reason other than my wallet. :eek:

I was at a friend's place this weekend and got to frag shop out of his 120g SPS dominated tank... oh man, did he have some pieces. I tried to keep up when he was listing off names, but I couldn't. He even had to get out his cheat sheet. ha!
    I could have signed over my house and still not been able to buy one of everything in this tank. It was amazing! **drooool cup** Plus it was all in a reef savvy tank.... **more drool**
    I managed to grab a pocketful of frags and I am happy!

Corailline likes this.
  10. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

Ooooo reef savvy is my dream tank.

If anyone is interested in ordering from battle, pm me and I can give you some tips on getting very good deals from them especially if you can pool an order with friends.

11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Hahaha, don't tempt me! I've been known to make bad decisions when spending money! :D :(

Oh, I forgot to put a link to his tank. http://reefsavvy.com/ghost-overflow/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  12. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

very nice. Another SPS site added to the list

Corailline likes this.