Coral Issues

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Ryland, Mar 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

My first coral was a few mushrooms. They grow nicely and have split to form new mushrooms. Then I graduated to Green Starpolyps. I got 2 frags from a friend for free.;D Also purchased some Zoas, a Toad stool, and got a Kenya Tree on a piece of LR. The only corals I have ever really seen do well in my tank are the mushrooms. The starpolyps toadstool, and zoas never seem to completley open. Even the Kenya Tree shrivels up from time to time for no apparent reason. :confused: Anybody got any ideas? I recently bought another piece of LR. When I got this rock home I found an SPS on it. Its about 2 inches tall is red with lots of little tentacles/feather duster looking things covering it. Id like to keep it.

2. Click Here!

3. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Well first of all, toadstools and GSP will close for no apparent reason sometimes, how long have you had theM? and what lighting do you have for the SPS?

4. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

About 2 weeks give or take. It seems they never really have done well. I currenlty have PC over my 125. However, my new bulbs for my new metal halide system will be here tomorrow. Will have 3x175 watt 14ks and 2x160 watt VHO actinics.

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

FYI as of last night the params I checked for are as follows.
    PH 8.3
    Nitrate 0
    Nitrite 0
    Amon 0
    Phos 0
    Cal 480
    ALK 9