Coral Help!!!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Hoopastank, Jul 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hoopastank

Hoopastank Spaghetti Worm

Hi guys. I posted this in another thread I have but I don't know if I should have (not sure of the etiquette for posting).

Long story short this is a picture of a coral that was in my tank previous to me getting it. Now the tank was out of commission for about 2 weeks. The live rock the coral is in was stored in a 5 gallon bucket with water form the aquarium. As is m new to this I really don't know what type of coral this is. I do think it is dead because it is white in a lot of places. I was told it could possibly come back. It is almost a week and it has not really changed but if it is going to throw off the cycle I would guess to remove it. Please share your thoughts. If it needs to be removed what is the best way or the proper way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Billme likes this.
  4. Hoopastank

Hoopastank Spaghetti Worm

So do you think it is dead? Should I remove it?if so how, do you just pull it off the rock? Should I wear gloves.

Thanks Corailline!

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oh no it's not dead.

I only use gloves when I am directly touching the coral. For some reason these Palys really bother me.

It can stay alive for a couple weeks probably without light as long as it has flow.

Swisswiss likes this.