Coral Frenzy

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by JK901, Jan 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JK901

JK901 Skunk Shrimp

Anyone used this before? I got some for Xmas.

I have Xenia, Encrusting Gorgonian, Couple different polyps, and rics and shrooms in the tank. What would eat it and should I be spot feeding or just dumping it in after it dissolves?

Thanks,

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

In my opinion, I wouldn't bother with it or maybe supplement it once or twice a week is all. Those corals are photosynthetic and will receive their nutrients from the zooxanthellae they host in their tissue!

4. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hi, I use it. As with most supplements, it is hard to tell how much it is helping, however, Corals will benefit from any food source. I add it once a week or so. I also use Arctipods.

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

turn off your pumps and filters/p.s. when you use it. leave powerheads on. use half of what they say or you'll be cleaning your tank twice as much. leave the pumps/filters/skimmer off for about 30 min. then crank em back up again. do your corals feed at night or during the day? and you can also mix it with some tank water and either use a turkey baster or some other method of spot feeding and get a small amount to each coral. I keep mine in the fridge and use it about once a month. I really believe with this stuff less is more.