Coral Feeding

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by mikejrice, Oct 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

How do you feed your coral?

1. Mass feed with full flow.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Mass feed with limited flow.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Target feed with full flow.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Target feed with limited flow.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Im just curious what everyone's routine is for feeding their coral. It seems every post I read about feeding coral people mention shutting off some flow.

I am of the belief that coral should eat at full flow. All coral grows ways in which to best catch the light that it needs, and to best catch the food it needs. It grows this way under the full flow of my DT so it would seem to me by shutting off flow I would be making there food catching less efficient.

I say this because I do now target feed however. When target feeding I do the see the advantage of reduced flow.

For the pole I'll start. I mass feed under full 60x turnover flow.

I'm sure some people do more than one option so I'm allowing multiple choices on this pole.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

I mass feed and target feed with all my pumps on

4. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i target once a week with reduced flow just so i know the food's going where i want it. however, i throw i bit of cyclopeeze in everyonce in a while with everything on full bore (minus the skimmer). i figure they catch enough stuff from fish feedings throughout the week

5. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

mass feed, full flow ... with target feeding for my suncoral, I don't change the flow when I do this ...