Coral Feeding help

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by macabe, Jun 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

do i have to target feed my frog spawn? do i have to target feed my zoas? are eather of thes corals night time corals. i got 2 250 MHS 2 t5s and 2 actenics on a 55 gal is this to much lighting they dont seem to mind it tho :D

2. Click Here!

3. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

If i'm correct your lighting should be good enough even though i myself do feed my frog spawn from time to time brine shrimp

4. divott

divott Giant Squid

zoas ive never worried about feeding , i might be wrong. but my frogspawn i give it mysis a few times a week.

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I've never really target fed my zoas. They primarily use light for food. Frogspawn can be target fed every once in a while, but doesn't necessarily need it.

We target feed almost all of our corals occasionally because we think it's fun, and extra coral food never hurt. We use either DT's live Phytoplankton, or the "juice" from Rod's food. You could also use a Marine Snow with great success.

Also, you know that gunk that builds up in the bottom of your sump (if you have a sump)? Stir that up and let the return pump send it into the display tank. That's prime coral food right there :D Tip from Tangster, can't claim it myself.