Coral Beauty with popeye.

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by bthomson, Jul 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bthomson

bthomson Fire Worm

In the last couple of days my coral beauty has been hiding quite a bit so finally when it came out i noticed its huge eyes. i set up a small 10g QT with 10 gallons of water from my DT and several pounds of LR and soaked a filter pad in the DT for several hours.

How do i get it to eat? All it does is hide and ignores the food, i have melafix ordered. Is there anything else i can do to help this along? i currently have it under my DT with the lights off with almost no light getting to the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Antibacterial treatments and improved water conditions will help. Try soaking the food in garlic to get it to eat.

4. bthomson

bthomson Fire Worm

i have formula one pellets with garlic in them and still wont eat

5. Skylark

Skylark Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

How's the Coral Beauty? Mine had the same thing and as mikejrice mentions check the water quality, I had to do a small water change every couple of days while he was in QT, also had him on melafix.
    Mine developed popeye basically because he was new and litterally refused all prepared foods for 3 weeks and only ate the algea on the rocks. Finally did eat but his preference was Formula II flakes (that was the 5th food type I tried as well), I also added in cyclop eeze as an apatite enhancer just prior to feeding the flakes.

Good Luck

6. bthomson

bthomson Fire Worm

mines is doing better i guess. it eats flakes now, but i think the popeye is affecting its vision because i tries to go for the garlic pellets but misses. i ordered the melafix last friday and i havent received it yet :S. hope it gets here soon