Coral Beauty or Lemonpeel Angel

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by imagine7070, Apr 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. imagine7070

imagine7070 Flamingo Tongue

I am thinking about getting rid of the Coral Beauty and adding a Lemonpeel Angel in my tank instead. If I don't, I was just going to add a Yellow Tang for a splash of Yellow. So that poses the question:

Which would you rather have and why? Lemonpeel or Coral Beauty?

2. Click Here!

3. sharkatak

sharkatak Flamingo Tongue

I recently saw a display tank at my LFS that had a Lemonpeel put in for algae control.Bad move.It decimated the corals and bullied all the other fish,killing some.He had to strip down the 4ft cube to get it out.I'd stick with the coral beauty and find something else yellow.

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Both, hahahahaha :lol: . I love angels, but the coral beauty would have a better attitude. Ive seen lemon peels bully alot of fish, so if you dont plan on getting anymore fish go for it. Both are beautiful fish, and are good with corals. Youll find its kinda hit or miss with angels and coral, so just go for the one you want and see how it reacts. Good luck,

Michael

5. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Lemon Peels are harder to keep than Coral beauty's and are definetly not reef safe. Go with the Tang or a Twin spot hogfish, yellow coris wrasse, midas blennie or canary blennie if you want yellow in your tank. The last 4 would better for your size tank! A yellwo tang will out grow a 46g in no time.

6. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

I have both :)

The lemonpeel is quite large and is a bully in my tank, showing everyone that he is the second dominant after my trigger. He has bullied alot of my fish, however is great colouration.

My coral beauty has awesome purple colouration that glows off my lights. It is not as agressive as the lemonpeel and is more of a community fish.

There are more options for yellow fish other than the lemonpeel, and i would keep the coral beauty. I like the colouration better as it is not just one solid colour... Good luck with your choice!!

7. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

coral beauty is far more attractive. get the yellow tang.