Coral beauty nipping on gorgonian :(

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by szogun, Mar 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szogun

szogun Feather Duster

Hi I just noticed that my Coral beauty is nipping on my yellow gorgonian I think hes after the white feathers when I feed him. :( does that mean I will have to get rid of the Coral beauty or my Gorgonian is lost? or maybe he will feed at night? any suggestions?
    O and one more thing what about Flame angel is he a better fit for a reef than Coral beauty? I might switch them.

2. Click Here!

3. tdevil

tdevil Feather Duster

well, my friend, this is the problem with angles, they are known to nip at corals, and yes he can kill the gorg, the gorg need the polyps to live

you will take a chance with all angles, there are a few that supose to be ok, but dont have the color, one i can think of is black and white (cant remember the sp), which is kinda cool, but i have never owned one

sorry for the bad news ;) and i hope the gorg makes it

td

4. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Unfortunately there is no easy answer as far as what angel will work or not because like people they have different personalities, I have had success with most but occasionally get a rogue that nips. I f you can I would remove one or the other. Because I am not the owner of the lfs I work I can't tell you what we can do but I think something can be worked out. My only question is does the coral beauty nip at anything else? and does he nip the polyp or the branch? lastly is he nipping the injured section where you fragged it or the frag itself or all over?

5. szogun

szogun Feather Duster

its nipping all over when the white polyps come out and hes not nipping on anything else I'm thinking about takimg him back to your LFS and getting something thats reef safe.