Coral Beauty - Ich? (w/ pics)

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by McSoappy, Sep 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. McSoappy

McSoappy Astrea Snail

Hello all,

Okay so it's been a REALLY rough weekend! I went to Indy this weekend for a whole day, and apparently during that time my Sebae anemone decided to die, and poison my tank. I lost my Golden Sleeper Goby, both tomato clowns, a few emerald crabs, and now I think there's something wrong with my Coral Beauty!

I has little white spots on it, but they almost look like air bubbles or something, and all it's fins look like they've been worn down by the rocks or something. I don't know what the heck is going on, and I'm super upset that this has happened. The timing couldn't have been worse for all this to happen.

Please help me diagnose, and treat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the pics aren't that good, it was hard to get these low quality ones as it was.

Thanks!
    David

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I would say that looks like ich to me. A decently severe case, too.

4. McSoappy

McSoappy Astrea Snail

Forgot to add the the the back part of his tail where worn down is turning black, so I wasn't sure if this was indicative of ich or something else.

5. that fish guy

that fish guy Flamingo Tongue

Man I'm sorry to hear about your fish that sucks it has happened to me before. I would say he has ick really bad you should take him out put him in another tank and treat with copper but be careful to much copper and he will die. Best of luck.

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

A cleaner shrimp or also called skunk cleaner shrimp will help him get rid of it. Keep it well fed and if necessary, soak the food in Garlic Xtreme or some garlic aditive to entice him to eat. I've tried other things like Kick Ich, but it's a long treatment and I don't believe it really helped. Most people will choose the natural way, including me after my first experience with these Ick medicines.

I imagine you already did a major water change too, correct? This is essential when something like a nem or sea cucumber dies in your tank.

Good luck, man!

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

http://www.3reef.com/forums/fish-diseases/life-cycle-marine-ich-96343.html

Looks like ich to me as well. The link above shows a fish with ich so you can compare the two.

Treatment all depends on if you have a QT tank, if there are any other fish, inverts or corals in the display.....

Cleaner shrimp can provide some relief from the parasite, but that is just temporary.

The stress of the crash probably made the fish more suspectable to the parasite.

8. Click Here!

9. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel