coral beauty: flake?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by billybaldwin3, Feb 4, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billybaldwin3

billybaldwin3 Skunk Shrimp

So I've read more than a few times that dwarf Angels love flake food?
    Truth?
    I've had a coral beauty for a little over a week now. She primarily hid out for a couple days, but now seems to be quite adjusted and a good member of my tank family.
    the problem is....
    I feed mysis shrimp and pellet food... All my fish seem to LOVE it. Even my very shy foxface Damn near eats the pellets out of my hand. They gather, as expected, awaiting their meels.
    Other than my coral beauty.
    she hides, and doesn't seem to eat at all.
    Could this be because, like I've read, that they prefer flake food?
    Is she still adjusting?
    I've seen her nip at my montipora a couple times, but it doesn't seem to be effecting it..

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have never heard that Angels/Coral beauties prefer flake.

It has been my experience that some Angels hide the majority of the time when acclimating. You Angel is probably eating pods.

If in the next couple days you do not see active feeding I would try a couple different food types including a higher quality flake, preferably one focused on the nutritional needs of Angels. There are special Angel foods on the market.

DSC reef likes this.
  4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Both of the two I have kept love any kind of food, including flake, but I have never heard they specifically like flake food. I always try to feed a varied diet which includes flake. I would though find something it likes to ensure it is eating.

5. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

I never feed mine flake just the frozen spirulina brine shrimp, they never touched nori either.