coral beauty angel fish

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mkizla, Jun 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

Alright guys i already asked a similar question, but just making sure one last time before I do anything bad.

How many of you out there owns a coral beauty angel fish in a reef tank? And for coral beauty owners, did you ever had problem where your fish eats or nips on the coral? I heard lots of people saying they dont nip at corals long as they are fed often. I got a free kenya tree yesterday from LFS as a gift so far he hasnt been nipping at it, so Im curios to go to Reef tank route once again after my failure during Thanks giving due to heater failure. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

any dwarf angel is a 50/50 when coral is concerned..

all of the angels ive had have been good with corals, no nipping or anything. Im gessing you can try adding a bit more coral and see what happens.

4. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

i have a Flame Angel that will nip at Acans but doesn't seem to be interested in any of my other coral.

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Mine is behaving well these days with a sps/lps mix.

7. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

My coral angel beauty is nipping once or twice on green star polyps every 3-5 minute, and so far in 2 hour nipped on the xenia i just got 3 times. If i want a reef tank is this a bad sign of a Coral beauty? Should I get rid of him? Or just let it be and keep observing for a little bit more?

8. Click Here!

9. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

Any suggestions?

10. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

You could try buying some algae sheets, soak some in fresh water then take the soggy algae and distribute to the tank to keep it busy.

11. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

You can try trading him out. I have had great luck with mine not nipping at any of my LPS but as mentioned above, it's a 50/50 chance. See if your LFS will let you trade, usually they are cool with it if they know you or you buy something while there trading out.