Coral Banded Shrimp

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by stevem650, Mar 14, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stevem650

stevem650 Astrea Snail

I want to add a corel banded shrimp to my reef. Is it true that a banded shrimp will pick at anenomes and corels? I also now have a blood shrimp. Would they get along?

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Hey SteveM!!!

My experience with CBS has not ever been good. :'( All of them I have ever owned wound up back at the LFS because they became predatory. I have had them eat sleeping fish, and attack and eat small crabs and shrimp (skunk cleaners and blood shrimp).

I told myself the last time (7 yrs ago) that I would never get another one. So far, I've done very well. I haven't even been tempted. ;D

4. stevem650

stevem650 Astrea Snail

Wrassman..Thanks for the info...I was going to get one today but I guess you saved me a headache.....Thanks

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

ive heard they do better with larger type fish, you cant put them with other shrimp or crabs, if you want a shrimp go with a pair of blood or cleaner shrimp there more peacful add lots of color and just neat to watch. also bcs are supposed to be hard to pair up

6. lzb3

lzb3 Astrea Snail

Never had one for the reasons stated above. I have always been told to stay away from them.......unless of course, they are good to eat!

Elizabeth