Urgent Copperband

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by johntekin, Sep 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

what are you feeding the CB and is it eating well?

2. Click Here!

3. swimswithsheep

swimswithsheep Flamingo Tongue

+1 to the green star hunting comments above.

I hope your CB heals quickly.

4. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

You might want to keep an eye on your fish. I've seen red markings like that that are bacteria infections. If not treated the fish can die. So, figured I'd let you know just incase the redness is not going away.

5. Vbagate

Vbagate Flamingo Tongue

I wouldn't get the shrimp from the grocery store. It's tough to say whats in the food that is intended for human consumption. Your LFS should have frozen shrimp. It comes in a sheet like shape of 50 or so, break off one or two at a time and feed directly to the star if possible.

It's too early to tell if it's a death sentence. I think it's definitely a direct result of the start fish attack, I don't think its bacteria related.

Post more pics if you can.

1 person likes this.
  6. johntekin

johntekin Fire Worm

May the copperband rest in peace:-[

he didn't make it through the night despite me feeding the star fish a ton before the lights went off. Of all the fish to die, it had to be my favorite and most important (the cb kept my tank aptasia free!). Thanks for your responses vbagate

7. Vbagate

Vbagate Flamingo Tongue

So sorry to hear the news John. I know it's not easy losing a prized fish. Sorry we couldn't do more for you.

I know it's not a replacement by any means, but if you're having a problem with aptasia, peppermint shrimp eats that stuff in its sleep. And its totally harmless to any other life in your tank.

Let us know if you get another cb.

Again, sorry.

8. Click Here!

9. johntekin

johntekin Fire Worm

Funny you mention peppermint shrimp! I purchased 4 about a year ago and they went into the tank and were all eaten (by the star fish yet again) within 5 hours.:-/

I have one hungry star. But I have had him for about 7 years.

10. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

IMO move him. Not worth the waste to concentrate feeding him and take away from everything else in the tank.

11. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

+1 on what reefbruh said. If I had a critter that led to the demise of anything in my tank of value, it would be Gonners ASAP. just got rid of a coral eating angel. starfish would be dead or sold if it did that once in my tank.

cheap starfish = expensive fish? not in my book.

sorry for your loss. I had one eat a cherub angel once. it was evicted shortly after.