Copperband Butterfly - sick or not?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by smlosco, Feb 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. smlosco

smlosco Astrea Snail

I have had my Copperband Butterfly fish for atleast 6 months and has been eating well (brine shrimp + shrimp from local supermarket).

But, recently it has stopped eating and has been hiding in the corner of my tank not swimming at all?

I checked the fish for spots but I have seen nothing and the fish seems to "look" fine.

When I feed all my fish a cube of brine shrimp it seems to know there is food but will swim around and not eat anything?

Can someone help please!

2. Click Here!

3. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Yes, that is usually the sign of something bothering it. If I remember (been a long time since I've had one) they do require some sponge and sea weed. Look for something like Marine Cuisine or something with those 2 ingredients and see if it will take it. Garlic soak for the brine may get it eating again also.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Try scallops or clams on the half shell. But if it's not eating or hiding it may be doomed. They are pretty delicate fish that are near impossible to turn around once they start to go

5. smlosco

smlosco Astrea Snail

:( soo sad.... like I love that FISH! like I know its not sick cause I see nothing wrong with it....so no point putting it in QT I hope your suggestions help otherwise :(