Copper Band Butterfly

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by fishy62, Mar 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishy62

fishy62 Plankton

Bought a copper band butterfly couple days ago from LFS. At the store i made sure he was eating and looked good, so i bought him. When i got home i noticed that he started to get Lymph. He eats well and is swimming well but i just want it clear up. I dose metro + with my food. Is there anything else i can do. Will a shrimp clean him up or something clean that off of him.

Also, I have a flame angel in the tank and i notice his tail looks like its getting attacked. Can this be the copper band or can he might be sick?

2. Click Here!

3. rocketmandb

rocketmandb Ocellaris Clown

Lymphocystis is a virus, more like a cold than anything else. Like a cold, it can be brought on by stress. As long as you've got a well maintained tank it will go away on its own.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Copper Band Butterflies are one of the most difficult fish to keep long term IMO. Nutritional needs are hard to meet, so I would do a lot of research into dietary needs.

1 person likes this.
  5. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

+1, i lost my CBB withing 3 weeks of having him, it was a real eye opener into this hobby for me.

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

+1
    +1

Like stated above. Combine those two together. Maintain the tank well. Keep the fish fed well and Supplement some vitamins in the food. Frequent small water changes do help. Usually it isnt a fatal virus until it reaches the mouth.

7. fishy62

fishy62 Plankton

I will see how it goes. I think i do a pretty good job with water changers and just maintain the water itself. What vitams should i had to there food, i am using metro + right now.

8. Click Here!

9. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I got a CBB with Lymph and he stayed in my hospital tank for 4 months. Once he cleared up I placed him in my display. I fed brine with garlic or Selcon 3 times a day. I also did water changes twice a week also. He has been god so far.