copepods

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by gfunk823, Mar 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

I can see mine ...tiggerpods ...little white specs on the glass with legs...like a spider. they dont move much, but they do grow. And they are for more then just mandrian...I think of it like a snack machine ....once they populate and flow into the DT...its like a quater in gum ball machine !

2. Click Here!

3. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp

ty very much i will take note

4. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

Copepods do grow and breed much better in a fuge. they need a safe place away from predators which can be almost all meat eating fishes. I have a poulation in my ten gallon fuge and they breed like crazy. I have a 10,000k 15 watt bulb on a 12 hour cycle that is opposite of my display tank. This helps to keep the PH mor stable. Copepods can and will benefit from occasional feeding of phyto and/or small meaty items. They also feed off of any detrius or un eaten food that get into your fuge. Mine actually have a way to get over to the chamber I have my bio-balls in and they actually do a great job of keeping them clean. You can breed them in a dipslay tank but you would need a small stack of rocks or something as mentioned above. I also have a few bigger pieces of live rock in my fuge that I swap out for pieces in my DT wich helps keep my display tank populated as well. Another way is to keep a porous kitchen sponge in the fuge and ring it out into the DT once a week wich also helps with the pod population in the DT. Hope this awnsers a few questions.

5. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp

yes it does i am about ready to set up my fuge i just need a return pump and then it will be all set