copepods

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by gfunk823, Mar 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Heres a Site to look some pods up for a booster...

www.precisionaquatech.com

On this site there is food you can put in your tank to help the PODS grow and feed..

Good Luck..!!

2. Click Here!

3. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp

i obviously know you have to feed them what living organism doesnt have to eat

4. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

Thanks for the link....I was under the impression I didn't need to feed them. I would assume they they will do " OK " without it. but would do much better with it, now that I have some softies in the tank, I bet all will benifit from it

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

They need places to hide and breed. Snail shells work well, as well as stacks of rocks fish can not get into as was mentioned earlier.

You don't have to feed them, they will eat left over fish food and such, like other parts of the clean up crew. I do not feed them in my mantis tank and they are all over the place. My mantis is a messy eater though and there are no predators so they breed freely.

6. jessman

jessman Astrea Snail

saltwaterfish.com you can buy 100 to 200 of them for 10 bucks

7. jessman

jessman Astrea Snail

well i looked a lil more into ordering them

Live Goods
    Copepods - ReefPods 10.99 $10.99
    FedEx Shipping Fee = $19.99
    Live Goods Total = $30.98
    For Live Goods orders a minimum order amount of $39.99 (not including surcharge or fuel charge) must be met in order to complete your purchase. Please continue to add items to your cart in order to reach this amount.

Order Grand Total: $30.98

8. Click Here!

9. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

here is another good place to order - Reefs2go.com Home they are also on ebay under piece-of-the-reef username.

As far as growing pods, a refuge is best with lots of macro and supplementing them with phyto and even a small amount of certain fish foods (i drop a silverside in my refuge every once in a while and within a few minutes, watch the swarm begin consuming) will get them to populate VERY quickly.

10. medhatreefguy

medhatreefguy Fire Worm

I have never had to "put" them in my tank, I have bought cured live rock and I guess they just came as a package deal. Either way my sump/fuge and LR rubble are loaded with them. I don't feed them specifically, I do target feed so I guess they benefit from that. Oh and every time I trim my chaeto I give it a shake in the DT to keep the stock up in there, I know a lot travel through my return pump but I don't know about the condition they arrive in.

11. jessman

jessman Astrea Snail

thanks thats a pretty good deal order 100$ and get them for free

12. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp