cool touch lighting

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by xabo, Jan 4, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[flash=468,60]http://www.3reef.com/fish/sitepics/threesteps3.swf[/flash]

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Welcome puffman! Your name is funny dude. Gee, what are you saying?  ;)

Nice to see someone else with these lights. I want to hear more about them.

I can't believe it though man, recently I told someone new here that he had to change his avatar because a mod had the same one. Now you just picked the one he chose second!  [smiley=speechless.gif] [smiley=sombrero.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

What a trip!

Glad you like the site, it's a work in progress.. hehe... I thought I fixed what you just did, but you made me realize I am just half way there! Oh well, stick around!

;D [smiley=crazy.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Yeah reeferpuffer, stick around!!

You never know who you are going to meet on these crazy boards, huh? ;D

4. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

Update: I purchased the ballast in Feb. of this year, and had to replace the capacitors 3 times as they tend to blister causing the bulb not to fire. Contacted Cooltouch about this and they stated that they've since changed the design to remedy this problem. Since the ballast is still under warranty, I requested a replacement ballast and was told "there's nothing wrong with your ballast so a replacement isn't warranted." They offered to send me a ballast top w/ holes drilled to eleviate the heat causing the capacitors to fail, and the hardware to suspend them as that's the way they're doing it now. After a week of back and forth on the phone, they decided to send me a 2x250 setup, and to use the only good balast on my 3x250 setup together. i would advise not to buy from them. or to think long and hard before doing so.