cool touch lighting

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by xabo, Jan 4, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

Have you or anyone had any experince w/ this vendor? Saw product on Ebay. 3x250w MH ballast for $209. I currently have a 3x175w setup, and I'm thinking of upgradeing.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Haven't seen them or heard anything. Got a URL?

4. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Damn those look really nice xabo, thanks for the link. Have you found any consumer info on them? They look nice to me.

By the way, did you ever find out what that coral is? Let us know over there will you? ;)

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I just studied that site again. Two things. Amazing prices. BUT, they appear to only offer magnetic ballasts which you have to keep in mind when determining which bulbs you want. Electronic ballasts, HQI, and the combinations there of are not an option.

Very interesting and it appears you stumbled on something that just came online. Nice xabo! Please let me know if you hear anything, you have me curious as well. :)

7. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

Well, I took the plunge. I order the 3x250 setup w/ pulse start ballast. Now if I can only find the bulbs. Using 175 10000K AB's right now, and they seem to be doing the tank justice.

8. Click Here!

9. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Wow, this is weird. I just stumbled on those on ebay last night before I even seen this thread. I am considering getting the dual 250W for $145 or dual 400W for $165. And I would put them over my 65g that I am planning on setting up. Let me know how long shipping takes and what the set-up looks like (crappie or well made).

Thanx

10. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

Well, I ordered the ballast on Friday(2-28) and recieved it today(3-5). Very nice looking unit. Only dislike is that each ballast has it's on power supply cord (3x250). Still unable to locate bulbs on-line. Found some at a LFS, but the cost was $169.00 per bulb!

11. xabo

xabo Astrea Snail

Ordering date should read 2-28.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish