considering the change

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Sataly, Apr 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

yesterday as I sat in my lounging chair (classy like by the way) I watched my tank and thought to myself "I can't have to may corals next to each other if I want to do LPS" point in example, my neon troph is starting to split and his sweepers are getting longer then ever before. same goes for the galaxia pretty much. I have to revolve the tank around them so they don't harm the other corals. the torch almost K.O.ed my cup coral the other day but it's slowly recovering thank god because the whole body was basically all white and looked like it had no living flesh left but it made a come back and the flesh was all still living. just happen to catch it at the right time. anyways I've always wanted to fully blow out the tank in coral but I just don't think I can due to the aggressive nature of some of them I have already. should I just sell the 2 most of aggressive ones and maybe just get stuff not so aggressive or if I want it stacked should I sell most of the lps except a few and go all out sps? I don't dose but I'm on my water changes bi weekly at about 40% everytime.

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Couple things

1) If large enough to frag, then frag away and sell or trade
    2) once fragged you can either decide to keep a smaller lps tank or just keep a smaller piece in the main display
    3) is there any other way to sit in a lounging chair then in a classy way :) that made me laugh

Corailline and DSC reef like this.
  4. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

the torch is more of a wall coral so I'm more afraid to do more harm then good. the galaxia has started to encrust a whole piece of rock. I may just end up moving the galaxia down by itself somewhere.

5. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I feel you. I had a really nice Acan fall off a ledge onto a favia.... Acan 0 Favia 1