Resolved Cone snail??

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Jul 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Who decided to randomly include a cone snail in your order...?

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm not gonna say, because I got a great fish and coral from them. But it wasn't a 3reef sponsor, so don't worry!

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

That is potentially a life threatening mishap. I don't understand why you're protecting them and not us... :confused:

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Are they that venomous?? :confused:,

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

7. blackraven1425

I was thinking that the kind of irresponsibility required to not only send someone animals for which they may not be equipped to keep, on top of animals that are potentially dangerous to anything in the tank, on top of being venomous and possibly able to hurt humans, all without the knowledge of the receiver, makes this an exception to the don't tell rules.

8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Wow,i'm glad i didn't recieve it,i would have thought it was cool not knowing any better.Good eye and knowledge KC for questioning it,and i hope you flushed it or something.But i agree with Pered and Blackraven,very irresponsible of the sender.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well I contacted the seller and they said that the cones collected from the Atlantic are not as venomous as the ones from other areas. They said it would be fine, but I'm still going to see if my LFS will take him. John said a lot of people without reefs like to have these.

Or I could put him in my sump, but I'm not sure I want anything to do with him!

11. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Well that's nice. Not as venomous as the others. Which bullet would you like to get shot with, a .22 or a .380? No, don't worry; they won't kill you. One will just hurt less.

12. blackraven1425

I agree with this sentiment. Including a venomous animal without the receiver knowing that it's dangerous is bad practice, period.

Someone could be allergic and die from a bite. This isn't like an allergy that's normally tested.